Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Creating for Fun - Part 2

 

If you recognize my first card, it's because I CASEd one of my recent designs.  I not only made another card exactly like my first but I also created additional cards in four more color combinations.  

Welcome back to my second post of "Just Because" cards....those I've made strictly for myself with no external restrictions.  Let's get to it, shall we?






 
I began with panels of colored cardstocks.  I used white pigment ink and a text background stamp to lightly stamp the right side of the panel.  I edged the panels with darker shades of ink for some added interest.  (The exception is the black card where I edged it with white pigment ink.)  The sentiment strip was heat embossed in white.  The florals were all die cut from white cardstock and colored with coordinating colors of dye ink.  Gems/pearls gems/pearls were added to the floral centers for some added interest.  The panel was cut down to expose the white border of the card panel.  I did switch out the "sympathy" sentiment on two cards to a more universal "thinking of you" sentiment.

Supplies:
Honeybee Stamps - Lovely Layers Dogwood die set
Honeybee Stamps - black pearl stickers
Gina K Designs - Assorted Sentiments stamp set
Hero Arts - Novel Prose Bold Prints background stamp

Thanks so much for visiting my little corner of the blogosphere.  Your time is much appreciated.  Be sure to check back for more "just for fun" cards which will be coming soon.

Jules


1 comment: