Saturday, June 1, 2024

Color Hues #88

I am actually really excited to share today's card with you.  It's very simple however I am totally smitten....well, as smitten as one can be with a sympathy card.  

My card was created with the new Color Hues challenge in mind.  Our two hues for the next fortnight, chosen by our hostess Karen, are Blue and Yellow. (This is my second post of the day so if you missed my earlier one you can find it here.)






I began with a panel of navy cardstock.  I used white pigment ink and a text background stamp to lightly stamp the right side of the panel.  I edged the panel with a dark navy dye ink for some added interest.  The sentiment strip was heat embossed in white.  The florals were all die cut from white cardstock and colored with yellow dye ink.  A black pearl was added to the center.  The panel was cut down to expose the white border of the card panel.  I love the final effect and hope to create more like this in the near future.  

Supplies:
Honeybee Stamps - Lovely Layers Dogwood die set
Honeybee Stamps - black pearl stickers
Gina K Designs - Assorted Sentiments stamp set
Hero Arts - Novel Prose Bold Prints background stamp

I invite you to visit our blog where you'll find more wonderful cards using the hues of blue and yellow.  We'd love for you to join us in the gallery.

Thanks so much for visiting!  Your time is much appreciated.

Jules

7 comments:

  1. WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This card is a total STUNNER Jules and I am just as smitten as you with how it turned out! That background with just the hint of white script and darker shading is so dramatic and then the POP of those beautiful yellow flowers and white leaves makes this whole card stand out! Beautifully, beautifully done my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you and Marcia! This is a stunner! Your blue background with the subtle white text is fabulous, and the yellow and white flowers just pop against it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Marcia and Karen Jules, a very eye catching card that you can be proud of. Love the subtle white text on the blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm agreeing with everyone, Jules, this is one very SPECIAL card. I love the background details and the beautiful yellow flowers. This is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand your excitement at sharing your card, it is exquisite Jules! So many things to love! From the white text in the background to the yellow blooms that are so bright against the dark blue. This is an absolutely gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Jules! The process of starting with a blue panel, embossing and then adding ink--brilliant! Yes you should be smitten with this. Gorgeous, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jules, your sympathy card is beautiful; a lovely showcase of your blooms, your background and, of course, the challenge colours. Joining you in being smitten with this, too!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete