Thursday, August 8, 2024

Seize the Birthday #289

 

It's time for a new challenge over at the Seize the Birthday challenge blog.  Our new Topping, chosen by hostess JoAnn, is Cute Critters.  I have to admit upfront that my entire card was designed around these cute glasses.  





Like I said in the intro, I designed my card around these cute die cut sunglasses from Spellbinders.  I dug through my critter dies until I came across the perfect penguin for this set of spectacles.  I felt like this cold weather critter needed a beach vacation and voila, the card was born.  

The design is pretty straight forward.  I die cut from colored cardstocks and opted against any additional shading.  In hindsight the final product seems very flat in appearance but this will most likely go to a child who honestly won't care in the slightest.  The scene elements were adhered to a full sized A2 panel which was adhered to the card base.  

Supplies:
Cottage Cutz - Penguin with Present die set
Spellbinders - Smart Glasses die set
MFT - Beach Builder die set
MFT - Sunshine and Friendship stamp set
Simon Says Stamp - Brilliant Gifts die set

I invite you to visit our blog for more inspiration from my teammates.  Joining us are Karen (our latest Surprise Party Guest) and Darnell (the winner of the last challenge.)  Please give them a warm welcome.  

We would love to see your card in the gallery.  Critters are optional; birthday cards are not.

Thanks for visiting!

Jules


12 comments:

  1. Picture me, bowing, Jules! That's really cool and impressive that you started with the cute glasses and then designed this entire adorable card from there! Talk about making things work together in a way that makes them look like you bought them that way from the company!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those glasses have been sticking me too. Nancy had put them on many critters and they are a big hit. Just like your penguin with these glasses. Spellbinders you say, hmmmm I think I need them. You are an enabler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little penguin with the glasses is adorable. Very cute card, Jules. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling darling birthday card Jules! Love the sweet penguin with the cool specs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card, and to think you started with sunglasses! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is TOTALLY adorable! Super fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that the glasses was were your creativity began. I think the colors, the layout and the darling penguin makes for a very cute card! I love it, Jukes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun little penguin and such a clever design based on the spectacles! He's a cutie! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cute penguin with his big glasses. You did a great job designing your card around those glasses. Love the whole scene.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You may think it's flat, but I think that cute penguin with those over sized glasses is too adorable for anyone to even notice! Totally cute card, Jules!! Love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a way to build a card, Jules! And it doesn’t look flat, thanks to the strong dark shadows. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loooove this soooo much (imagine me saying that in a sing-song voice). The thought of a penguin on the beach is just perfect. Wonderful card my friend.

    ReplyDelete