Sunday, September 1, 2019

Self Pats and What a Difference a Day Makes


Sorry for my absence.  It's been a crazy week.

I live about a mile inland on Florida's eastern coast and if you've been watching the news at all you are aware of that slow moving monster by the name of Dorian.


FYI - Floridian's go bonkers when there's a hurricane approaching.  If you want to read a very comical version of EXACTLY how it is with Floridians and hurricane preparedness you need to read Lessons from Lucy by Dave Barry.  He hit the nail on the head in one of his chapters.  I literally had tears running down my face while reading it recently.


When we went to bed Friday night my little town was smack dab in the center of the predicted landfall cone.  To put this in perspective, the Weather Channel sent Jim Cantore to our little piece of paradise.  That's some serious stuff folks!  But what a difference a day makes.  By Saturday morning the path had shifted east.  As of now (Sunday morning) it's a powerful Category 5 storm and will brush our shorelines but shouldn't make a direct hit.  Hopefully our luck continues and we dodge "the big one."

All that to say....there has been absolutely NO crafting time this week.  None.  But I do have some news to share.  You may remember that I was recently named Princess of Snark by the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.  Well, I've been promoted.  :-)  The sisterhood chose my Zombie card as the winner of their last challenge which now makes me Queen of Snark. 



Get those roses ready!


As reigning Queen of Snark I have the privilege of guest designing for the upcoming Snarky Sisterhood challenge.  Check back later in the week for my card.  


Guest DT badge #1





In another recent challenge,  this card of mine placed as a Librarian's Choice at The Library Craft Challenge,




It's always a thrill to be acknowledged.  I loved this card so I'm feeling extra happy and loved right now.  

Hubby is putting up the storm shutters and I'm headed in to my craft room to play.  Hope to see you all very soon.  


Wish us luck!

Jules



1 comment:

  1. Oh, my Jules, you sound very calm in the midst of approaching danger! Is it because you've been through it so many times before? I'm so glad the storm has shifted away from your little town and I hope and pray it doesn't shift back! Thank you for the update and congratulations on all your well-deserved recognition!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete