Saturday, August 24, 2019

The Library Challenge


My four year old grandson is obsessed with Mo Willems books.  His current favorites are the elephant and piggie series.  In fact, he read me one just last night before bed.  They are really cute. 

He says he's read this one as well, the current inspiration for The Library Craft Challenge.



Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!: Amazon.co.uk: Mo Willems: 9781844285136: Books



Well I don't have any pigeon stamps but I do have sea gulls and chickens.  I went with the chickens.  :-)





I adore this Good Egg set by Brandi Kincaid and the Ellen Hutson shop.  I also adore this cute peek-a-boo car from Avery Elle.  With a bit of creative masking I was able to insert a chicken driver patiently waiting for a mother hen and her chicks to cross the road.  The inside of the card reads ...

You're the Best 
Chick 
I Know

I added some tiny gold stars (HoneyBee Stamps) and a skinny frame (Altenew) for some final finishing touches.  It's a bit of an eccentric look but one that should work for many different occasions...or even "just because."  I know a lot of Best Chicks.  


I'm off to see what challenge catches my attention next.  Til next time...

See you on the crafty side...

Jules

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to build and fun and fabulous scene. Your hens are beautifully coloured too. I'm not familiar with Mo's other books but this one and the pigeon staying up one were my son's favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops ----Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete