Wednesday, August 7, 2019

The Library Challenge



The book chosen as the current inspiration at The Library Craft Challenge Blog is a children's book written and illustrated by Judith Kerr.  It's title is The Tiger Who Came to Tea and here is a peek at the cover.



Image result for the tiger who came to tea






It's a darling illustration of just that...a tiger having a tea party with two children.  I knew without even looking that I did not have a tiger stamp in my collection (the horror!) but I did remember these cute little people from Waffle Flower.  Included in the stamp set are two little kitties who will be playing the part of the tiger.  This is my card...








I based my colors off those used in the original illustration for a bright fun look and set the kids in a giant tea cup from WPlus9.  I do think they're having a great time.

As I finish writing this I am already mulling over what challenge to tackle next.  Any suggestions?


See you on the crafty side....

Jules

4 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen the newest book yet, Jules! but no need to play along now - WWCD my friend! cahUTEness overload! I LOve these kids - they are still found on my wishlist!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait I do have these kids! it's the Yippee kids that I don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you had these stamps and how perfectly you've interpreted the book! I love all the details such as the patterned/textures background and the enamel dots. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I call it, or what?? Congratulations, Jules!
    =]

    ReplyDelete