Thursday, September 12, 2024

Seize the Birthday #291

 

Hello my crafty friends.  Today we start a new challenge over at Seize the Birthday.  Linda is our host and she's chosen Stripes as our new Topping.  Let's get to it!






My stripes are rather subtle but I've been itching to use this die, borrowed from my friend Chris from the Sisterhood.  She lives less than an hour from my son in North Carolina and we try to meet up whenever I visit.  I can't believe I didn't purchase this cutie myself (shark and all) so I appreciate her kindness.  

The card assembly is pretty straightforward.  I die cut the focal panel in white and added some swirly embossing.  I also die cut a focal panel in black to serve as my grounding for the white heat embossed sentiment.  All that was needed was a bit of surgery to combine the two.  Chris had previously die cut the shark in white so I used my inks to color him up.  I adhered the striped paper to a heavyweight A2 card base, adhered the focal panel and then adhered the shark with an action wobbler.  For some reason I can't upload the little movie I took of him but I'll showcase it on Instagram.  He's so stinking cute.  I also made a second similar card that I will also post to IG.  He's cute too but not nearly as adorable as this guy.

Supplies:
MFT - Baby Shark dies
MFT - Sharky Sentiments stamp set (my own)
Spellbinders - Notched Corner Frame die set
Fun Stampers Journey - Wind and Water embossing folder
Art Impressions - Action Wobbler

We have quite the variety of card designs showcased on our blog.  I invite you to take a look-see and think about joining us in the gallery.  If your card is chosen you will be invited to Guest Design with us in the future.

Thanks so much for visiting!!

Jules


6 comments:

  1. Gosh this made me smile, what a fun birthday card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time you use a shark I wish I had one. Darling card my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, Jules with your cute little shark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many unique and clever stamps. Love your baby shark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card, love the swirly embossing as a watery background, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cute shark, Jules, what a fun card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete