Monday, September 16, 2024

Color Hues #95

 
Blue and Pink are the new colors over at the Color Hues Challenge blog where Cindy is our host for the next two weeks.  I chose four hues of blue and went with just the lightest touch of pink for my card.






I die cut the frame in triplicate, added just a hint of pink to the edges to one and then stacked them all for some dimension.  Texture was added to the background with an embossing folder.  The bird was colored with Distress Oxides.  (Another wonderful die cut given to me by my friend Chris.)  I added the tiniest bit of leftover blue ink from my brush to the twig and stamped the sentiment in black pigment ink.  Very simple card with a big impact.

Supplies:
Honeybee Stamps - Spring Birds/Bluebird
Erin Lee Creative - Layering Dahlia die set
Erin Lee Creative - Hibiscus embossing folder
Anna Griffin - Oval die
Ellen Hutson - Totally Random Sayings Vol.2 stamp set

I invite you to visit our blog for more wonderful inspiration from my teammates.  Just remember to use only shades of pinks and blues along with our select neutrals to qualify for a chance at becoming a future Guest Designer.

Thanks so much for visiting!

Jules


5 comments:

  1. A simple card? Simply stunning, I say! How pretty the delicate pinks look adorning the oval die cut. The bird looks just like he's come in for a landing. I love the shades of blue you chose and the beautiful embossed background. A super sweet card, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hues of blues look FABULOUS with that lovely touch of pink frame Jules...that sweet birdie just totally POPS on this card! Loving the embossed background too! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of the prettiest bird dies I have seen. I love all the texture you have on this card and I think the soft pink was just the perfect amount. Lovely card my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Nancy the bird die is fab and the subtle use of the pink just lifts the design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hardly looks like a simple card--Cindy is right--this card is stunning! That bird die is one of the most beautiful I've seen, and I love the way you created the background!

    ReplyDelete