Sunday, September 1, 2024

Color Hues #94

Hello again, my dearest crafty friends.  We have another color combination for you to try out at our Color Hues blog.  Carol is our host and she's chosen the perfect duo for autumnal cards but of course, don't limit yourself.  Anything goes as long as it uses just our two colors and our select neutrals.  You will see I added browns, tans and golds to my mix.





As I often like to do, I die cut my elements in white cardstock and then used Distress Oxide inks to color them.  This makes my die cutting process far more streamlined and allows me to choose colors along the way rather than right at the beginning. (Read that as .... I change my mind a lot.)

I die cut an assortment of leaves, twigs and acorns and used shades of dark orange (rust), greens, and browns.  We don't get fall here in Florida but I really do love the season.  I always try to get up to North Carolina in October to see my son's family as well as smell the frest autumn air.  

I gold heat embossed the sentiment and positioned it onto a small panel.  Too bad you can't really see the shine but at least it didn't mess with my photo this time.  I placed the foliage underneath until I found the "perfect" design.  (Ha...do not be fooled.  It took me hours.  LOL!)  I embossed the background to give it some additional fall feels and adhered it all to a piece of designer paper before assembling my card.

Supplies:
Scrapbook.com - Autumn Leaves die set
Erin Lee Creative - Loved stamp set
Simon Says Stamp - Layered Vine embossing folder
Spellbinders - very, very old deckled edge panel die set
Distress Oxides
gold embossing powder

Our guest designer is Colleen.  How do you become a guest you ask?  Play along and if your card is chosen from our gallery you automatically receive the honor of being showcased on our blog.  What are you waiting for???  Come play along!!!

As always, thanks so much for visiting!!! Your time is important to me.

Jules


8 comments:

  1. Jules, your assortment of leaves, twigs and acorns is perfect for this colour combination and oh, how pretty they are! Definitely a Fall-vibe happening. Your sentiment makes me smile; one my grandma used to say to us, way back in the day. Thank you for embracing rust and green so wonderfully with your delightful card!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your autumnal leaves and acorns are perfect for this colour combination as is the EF you've used for the background. The bold sentiment is the icing on the cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful fall card! All the time you spent arranging those colorful leaves and acorns was well-spent--such a great design! Such a perfect sentiment to finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card definitely says FALL to me Jules and I love all the beautiful shades of green and rust you achieved with your oxides on the leaves and acorns! Great sentiment and sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite Jules cards! The leaves are blended so perfectly and the layout is as pristine! Wonderful job my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blended leaves are beautiful and this card is all FALL. I love the details, and this sentiment is a fav of mine! Remembering my Mom singing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to know I'm not the only one that fiddles forever in trying to make the perfect arrangement lol! Yours turned out absolutely beautiful Jules, and I love how you created multicolor leaves with your expert ink blending! That's a fun sentiment too and so perfect in gold for your fall card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun font on your sentiment - love the fall leaves poking out from your framing!

    ReplyDelete