Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Creating for Fun - Part 5


I am so fortunate to have Real Life crafty friends just a few hours away.  We have been trying to get together every few months and it's something I really enjoy.  This is a nod to Nancy and Carol who both live on the opposite coast of Florida.  We get together and craft, eat, drink and laugh.  The upside is that we also get to share supplies.  My cards today were created with dies I borrowed from Carol.  









My process in "borrowing" involves taking my little Empress mini die cut machine (TOTALLY recommend, by the way) and die cutting three replicates of the elements in white cardstock.  Once home (and often months later) I will color them and create my cards.  These elements are from an April gathering.  

Because these were all cut in white I had to be creative with patterns.  You may notice that many elements were run through embossing folders for texture.  I also added some white trim to the clothing and used the floral wrap ties as shoe laces.  You may also notice that the gait is different between the cards.  The first card was assembled as per Concord and 9th's website.  I got a bit creative on Card 2 by flipping one leg upside down and having her "kick" forward rather than backward.  I'm not sure if I invented this but I've not seen it before so I'm claiming it.  LOL!!!  I also stenciled the backgrounds and added some grass with dies.  All that was left was sentiments.

Supplies:
Concord and 9th - Weekend Market (borrowed from Carol)
The Stamp Market - Floral Diamond stamp set (sentiment on Card 2)
MFT - English Brick Wall stencil
Fun Stampers Journey - Cozy Knit embossing folder
Fun Stampers Journey - Love Stripes embossing folder
Lawn Fawn - grass die
Spellbinders - Better Press sentiment (borrowed from Nanc)

We're hoping for an autumn get together so I need to start stalking their IG galleries for more "wanna try dies."  LOL!  Thanks so much for visiting!

Jules


1 comment:

  1. Weekend Market is one of my favorite die sets and I love how you fashioned her legs on the second card--very original!

    ReplyDelete