Saturday, August 3, 2024

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #253

 

It's the first Saturday of a new month which means Edna has a new challenge for you to try.  The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is looking for Summer themed cards.  



Yeah, I know scuba diving isn't solely a summer activity but I've been waiting for an opportunity to use this gal and today was the day.  She'd be too cold to do this in winter.  *wink*



My biggest obstacle with this card was finding a suitable sentiment.  After many hours of searching my stamps (a slight exaggeration but not by much) I came across a set by CathyZ.  I thought it fit the mood perfectly.

I began by coloring in the images with Copic markers.  To create the undersea background I simply did some Distress Oxide ink blending onto a white panel of cardstock.  She needed some grounding (and I needed a spot for a sentiment) so I chose to die cut an oval sentiment strip for her to stand on.  (Sentiment is heat embossed in white.)  I added the clear droplets to simulate air bubbles.  Isn't she quite the adventurer?  

Supplies:
AALL & Create - Scuba stamp set 
Simon Says Stamp/CZ Designs - Sassy Insides 2 stamp set
clear droplets

We would love for you to join in on our challenge which runs all month long.  Snark is our passion but not a requirement to play.  I hope to see your card in our gallery!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Jules




4 comments:

  1. You found the perfect sentiment! Love your card, Jules, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute card, great sentiment and those water droplets are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and I love the sentiment you chose, it's perfection

    ReplyDelete