Thursday, August 1, 2024

Color Hues #92

 

If it's the first of the month then it must be time for another color duo over at the Color Hues challenge blog.  Stef is our hostess and she's chosen a fun and fab color combo for us to play with.






I took advantage of a recent Concord & 9th sale and couldn't wait to start playing.  I adore these sunglasses but wanted to make them a bit special and unique.  I did so by blending the lenses in three hues of pink.  (I taped off the rows and blended with a brush before inserting them into the frames.)  The background is a blend of Distress Oxide pinks and browns.  I added a spritz of water when complete and am really digging the look.  It reminds me of soda...Strawberry Fanta on top and A&W Root Beer on the bottom. Yummy! I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in white and popped the finished panel onto a white card base using fun foam.

I'm also adding this to Darnell's gallery.  NBUS no more!


Supplies:
Concord and 9th - Bright Eyes die set
Concord and 9th - Bright Eyes stamp set
Distress Oxide inks

I invite you to play along with us in the gallery and encourage you to check out my teammies creations on the blog.  

Thanks so much for visiting!

Jules

12 comments:

  1. LOVE the gradient look to your sunglasses Jules and that strawberry and rootbeer background is amazing too! What a FUN summertime card and sure to tickle someone pink who receives it! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Jules, your description of the background couldn't be more perfect! It definitely took me back to my childhood, especially the A&W Rootbeer. Brilliant! Love those shades with the multi-pink lenses too. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right about the background but perhaps I could add ice cream soda and cola into the mix! Great summery vibe with this design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nailed it! Mic drop! Love those glasses and the summer vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card design! love the color lines on the lenses and the wonderful water splattered background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Consider your goal of making the glasses unique a resounding success! Fabulous showcase of your new purchase and the challenge colours.
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your gradient glasses, and your splattered background is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun summer card for the color challenge inspiration, Jules! All that's missing is a frosty glass with a coupla scoops of ice cream in the bottom. Gah ... so mean to make me crave a root beer float right now! (Hon? You busy?) Sorry, I'll focus. I just want to add that I'm crazy about how you did the sunglass lenses! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't wait to tell you how much I love your creative take on our colors with this fabulous card, Jules! The striped sunglasses just pop against the gorgeous background. I can tell you had fun with this one, and the result is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a fab fun card! I just had to drop by for I saw this beauty over at the NBUS Challenge! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are so many things to adore about this card. Your background blending and water splatters are perfect and the cool specs on top! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow !! this is amazing and really stood out to me in the NBUS gallery. Such beautiful coloring so dynamic.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete