Thursday, August 22, 2024

Seize the Birthday #290


Hello my crafty friends!  It's my turn for hosting the Seize the Birthday challenge this fortnite which means I had the honor of choosing the Topping.  After far too much deliberation I chose the theme of Retro.  If you're stuck for ideas think 60s/70s colors, old fart technology, vintage, antique, old font styles, etc.   

I pulled out a van die and used Scooby Doo as my theme, right down to the late sixties/early seventies color palette.  (I'm showing my age, aren't I?  LOL!)





My card front uses products mixed and matched from a variety of different manufacturers.  I die cut the van in what I think are fun mod colors, adding the flower die for a touch of sixties flower child.  The background is a fun stencil which I blended with "far out there man!" sixties/seventies colors.  I stamped the Groovy portion of the sentiment directly on my Scooby Doo van and added the heat embossed Birthday underneath ....because this IS a birthday challenge, after all.  I have to say, my background reminds me of the afghans that my Grandmas made way back when.  (And I still own and use to this day.)

So!  What does Retro mean to you?  Be creative and strut your stuff.  I can't wait to see what's in store for our gallery.

Supplies:
Erin Lee Creative - A2 Flower Layering Market stencil
Taylored Expressions - Surf Bus die set
Ellen Hutson - Trippin' stamp set
Ellen Hutson - HB2U stamp set
Spellbinder - misc flower

Thanks so much for visiting!!!

Jules

9 comments:

  1. When I saw your card I thought, I wonder how quick I could get Jules to send me a VW Bus. I figured something out in the end, but just so you know, your card and Topping is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, these colors and that VW bus brought back great memories. We had a camper that we used for years. I admire the background that you put your bus on! Bright, retro and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always come up with fantastic cards for the different themes, this one is amazing...I grew up in the hippie flower girl age and can totally relate to this "bus" and the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jules, love the floral background and groovy bus, very cool card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cute bus and the colors are perfect retro. Thanks for a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super groovy card , congrats :) , have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jules, this was a fun challenge and challenging for me. Very cool bus, colors and saying. Groovy, man. Lol... Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, of course, I adore this card!!! We were definitely in the same groove ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this card and love this challenge. The bus is a amazing and absolutely perfect background. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete