Friday, August 16, 2024

Color Hues #93


Hello my crafty friends.  I'm here today to share my card created for the newest Color Hues challenge.  Tracey is our hostess this fortnite and she has chosen the fun color combination of Orange and Yellow.  I chose a spring themed thank you card but this combination is also perfect for fall cards.




 

The focal elements were die cut from white cardstock and blended out with Distress Oxide inks.  The background texture is from an embossing folder.  The sentiment was heat embossed in white onto a tag strip using the same color of orange as is the card base.  I did use some of the die discards to polka dot up my cute rain boots.  I wasn't sure about this color combo at first but the end result makes me smile.   

Supplies:
Spellbinders - Hand Drawn Scallops embossing folder
Spellbinders - Notched Corner Frames die set
Spellbinders - Essential Sentiment stamp set
Spellbinders - Rain Boot Bouquet die set
Spellbinders - Swallowtail Tag die set

I invite you to visit our blog for additional inspiration from my teammates.  We would love to see your card in our gallery!!! 

Thanks so much -

Jules


9 comments:

  1. I have those boots and I LOVE how you've decked them out with colorful inks and polka dots. This beauty makes me smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw your card I pulled out this set to use again. It is one of my favs and your card is just lovely, Jules! The polka dotted boots is my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fab summery feel to your card Jules, love those polka dot boots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful card, Jules! I adore the boots with polka dots (!) and the cute way you embellished them with flowers. That background is terrific as well. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those yellow polka-dotted boots filled with flowers! Such a fab idea for this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The boots are so cute and filled with the lovely blooms, so fun. The embossed background works really well with your focal point..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just so blown away by ALL of the gorgeous DT cards this challenge!! This is stunning and lovely Spring Card! So CHEERFUL, I am smiling too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Polka dot boots? Filled with flowers? Yes please! Actually, I could have used those boots the other day when Lily and I were caught in a rainstorm; would have made walking through puddles much more fun (and wouldn't a matching doggy pair be fun for her, too!). LOVE this!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete