Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Creating for Fun - Part 1

 

I'm popping in really quick for what I always called a "drive by post."  Design Team responsibilities along with life happenings have made it difficult to find time to create "just because" cards.  No deadlines, no supply restrictions, no prompts, etc.  Life has gotten a bit slower in the last month so I hope to create more just for fun cards.  Today is my first.




I've been admiring this sort of card design for awhile now.  I know Joan Bardee has made several of these as has the Stamp Market.  I just love them and wanted to give it a whirl.


I die cut my elements from colored cardstocks. No inking, blending, shading on this one.  It's strictly a die cut and adhere method.  The sentiment was gold embossed with glitter embossing powder and cut with a companion die.  The main panel is popped up over top of the scalloped panel.  I love how it turned out and really want to make a pink version.

Supplies:
Erin Lee Creative - Layering Dahlia die set
Concord and 9th - Picked Posies die set (yellow center)
WPlus 9 - Sunshine Layers die set (scalloped frame)
PinkFresh Studio - Modern Scripted stamp and die set

Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope to have more random cards to share very soon.

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment