Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Spellbinders - Mushroom Mansion (Out and About Collection)

 

Hello again!  As promised, I'm back with another card using yet another wonderful die set sent to me by Spellbinders.  My card today features the Mushroom Mansion die set.  



Please ignore the fact that my mansion appears to be sliding off a hill.  
I didn't notice it until I was finished, of course.  I hope it's owner is well insured.  




This time I did something different (gasp!) and colored my white die cuts using  original Distress ink (not Oxides) and the direct to paper method.  By that I mean that I took each mini ink cube in hand and rubbed it over the die cuts without the use of a blender or brush which allows for a deeper rich tone to the elements.  I did use a blender brush for the background (light blue cardstock) in order to get the look of sky.  I rummaged through my stamp stash and found a whimsical font that looked perfect for this style of card.  I hope to make another card combining the new gnome from last week with this cute little gnome home.  

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp - Artsy Pumpkins stamp set
Distress Ink cubes

Many thanks to Spellbinders Paper Arts for graciously sharing some of their wonderful products with me.  Stayed tuned as I am now working on a few holiday cards using some Better Press products also sent to me.  

Thanks for visiting!!!  Your time is much appreciated.

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment