Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Color Hues #91

 

It's time for our new mid-month prompt over at the Color Hues challenge blog.  Sherri is our hostess and she's chosen colors perfect for a Christmas in July challenge which happens to be the route I chose for my card.






I've incorporated die cutting, stenciling, stamping and glitter paste into today's design. I began with the mountain using a three part stencil.  The base of the mountains was created with green and grays.  The mountain top was stenciled in gray and then layered with Tonic Moonstone glitter paste.  The sentiment was stamped with pigment ink and then heat embossed in clear.  The remainder of the card uses die cut elements which I cut from colored cardstock scraps using our challenge hues.  The finished panel was adhered to a piece of designer paper and then attached to the front of a white card base.  Christmas in July!

Supplies:
Right At Home - Holidays are on the Way die set
Ellen Hutson - Clouds die set
Simon Says Stamp - Christmas Blessings stamp set
Erin Lee Creative - Mountain Layering Stencil set
Tonic Moonstone glitter glaze

I invite you to join us at the blog and in our gallery!  If you're like me, it's the perfect excuse to create a holiday card in the "off season."

Thanks so much for visiting!

Jules

8 comments:

  1. I love this car and it looks so good on your card!!! The stenciled mountain range sits so perfectly in the background of your scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I look at this card I think of you making the trip to NC delivering your Christmas presents to Finn! This is darling and the mountains are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, sweet card Jules! I love, LOVE that car filled with all the gifts and of course those golden mountains too! You used the challenge colors perfectly and I'm singing "over the hills and through the woods, to grandmother's house we go" now...thanks! Haha!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules, this is a fabulous scene! I loved reading about your process, and then going back to look again at all the elements of your card. Love those giittery mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those glittery mountains are swoon-worthy, Jules, but for me the best part is that fun car packed with presents! Love the scene you've created and one more into the holiday card pile too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie! You inspired me to get to work using a set I'd purchased months ago! I see your darling car and love imagining it going to Grandma's for Christmas! x
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've created a delightful gift-delivery scene, with your charming car traveling through the mountains and forests. Delightfully inspiring in every way!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete