Thursday, July 11, 2024

Seize the Birthday #287

 

It's time once again for another Seize the Birthday challenge.  Colleen is our hostess and she's chosen Fruits as our optional topping.  






I began my card by stamping, coloring (Copics) and die cutting my branch of oranges and blossoms.  I wanted to keep the card front simple but desired some color and texture and this textured specialty paper from Tonic fit the bill nicely.  I adhered it to a black card base, stamped and heat embossed my sentiment in white onto a wide panel of black cardstock and then arranged them to my liking.  Finally I finished off the design with some gold gems.

Supplies:
Reverse Confetti - Orange Blossom stamp and die set
Reverse Confetti - Sentimental Sayings stamp set
Trinity Stamps - Gold Eclipse gems
Tonic Studios - Woven Hide Specialty paper

I invite you to join us on the blog and in the gallery.  If fruits aren't your jam (ha!) any birthday design will do.  

Thanks so much for visiting!

Jules




10 comments:

  1. The oranges and blooms look great on the kraft background with the white embossed sentiment on black. Fabulous card Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to have the branches of oranges with their pretty white blossoms instead of just slices Jules! Love that woven hide paper for your background too - what great texture added! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules, your oranges look fantastic on your textured paper. And the branch adds to your creation. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card and that darling stamp. Wonderful job! I think you should write all blog posts because you always make me laugh. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that textured background that tones in with those pretty oranges and blossoms, perfect little pops of bling from the sequins too, lovely card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. since I have trouble making masculine cards, I think that this one would fit the bill. I love the background and the simple cluster of oranges. I am saving this idea for my next masculine card. You made me smile with your, If fruits are not your jam, comment. I wish I thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your textured background and that sweet bouquet of oranges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s a gorgeous oranges and blossom stamp Jules, and that fab woven background sets it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely image of the citruses and you've colored them so well! I love the textured paper you've used to complement, fits so cleanly. Great card, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the warm feel of this with the rich colours. Perfect choice for the textured background and I always love a white on black sentiment.

    ReplyDelete