Thursday, July 25, 2024

Seize The Birthday #288


I was really excited when I saw this new Seize the Birthday Topping!  Our hostess is Glenda and she's created a very fun Tic Tac Toe Board for our new challenge.

If you've never played Crafty Tic Tac Toe it is pretty simple.  Just choose a line either across, down or diagonally and include those elements on your card.  


For mine I chose the bottom line row across which includes 
Slim Line, Ocean Theme, No Birthday in Sentiment.









My choices were narrowed down almost immediately.  First off, single layer cards and I do not have a loving relationship so that eliminated two sets right off the bat.  And secondly I'm not really a good watercolorist so there went a couple more.  After that the choice was fairly obvious.  I live near the beach and have tons of ocean themed supplies so it was narrowed down to the bottom row.  

I opted for a mini slimline and made the porthole my focal point.  Yes, I know my fish are partially swimming inside the boat.  Artistic license and all that.  *wink*  

I die cut everything in white and then used Distress Oxide inks for coloring.  The only exception is the porthole that was colored with Delicata Gold pigment ink.  It has a bit of sparkle that's unfortunately being lost in the photography.  I added some beachy embellishments along the rim and adhered it to a panel of blue cardstock cut just a tad smaller than the card base of the same blue color.  (Did I not mention how I have a history with one layer cards???)  The sentiment (a birthday sentiment without saying "birthday") was heat embossed in white and a few clear droplets were added for ocean bubbles.  

I thoroughly enjoyed this challenge and hope it's one you'll take on as well.  Just remember that this is still a birthday challenge so be creative with your sentiments if your choice includes this option.

Supplies:
Spellbinders - Coastal Escape die set
Spellbinders - Your Day stamp set
Delicata - gold ink pad
Honeybee Stamps - pearl shells
clear droplets

I invite you to visit our blog for lots of wonderful inspiration.   With all of the options on hand for this one, our gallery is full of unique examples.  

Thanks for visiting!  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Jules


11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful view out of your porthole Jules! Beautiful fish, shells and flora! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great slimline card Jules and yes, that is a wonderful view out of your porthole. Love those cute fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so bright and fun, Jules! Love the colors you've used and those wonderful fish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun ocean scene, Jules, through the porthole. Adorable. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is fun to have a board to pick out your design. Your mini slimline is super cool and I love the look. Adorable fish swimming and visible through the porthole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore this card, Jukes! The background water and fish look incredible. Wonderful job my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love me a slimline! Super awesome card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cute little fish swimming around the porthole Jules, gorgeous shade of blue for the background and perfect placement of the droplets, such a fun card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jules I love your card, the fish swimming by the porthole is just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun ocean-themed card, Jules! I love those cute little fishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fish swimming inside? Well, maybe it's a sunken ship!! :D I absolutely love your gorgeous slimline 'fishy' card, Jules!! I'm inspired to create something like this too! :)

    ReplyDelete