Sunday, June 16, 2024

Color Hues #89


Hello Crafty Friends!! My card today was created as part of the new Color Hues challenge for the latter part of June.  Our color duo for this fortnight is Sage and Pink.



While visiting a friend I helped myself to some of her awesome dies and prepared lots of fun white die cuts to bring home.  This trumpet flower is one of them.  I used a combination of Distress Oxides (Bundled Sage, Picked Raspberry, Kitch Flamingo and Hickory Smoke) to color the individual pieces.  I assembled the florals onto a panel of soft stone cardstock and then added a splatter of water to create interest.  The little circles were remnants of the die cutting process.  I colored those as well as used them as embellishments.  The sentiment strip was ink blended in Kitch Flamingo, stamped with Versamark and heat embossed in white.  I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out.  A big thank you to my bestie...you know who you are.  

Supplies:
Spellbinders - Fresh Picked Trumpet Flower die set
Spellbinders - Essential Sentiments stamp set
Distress Oxide inks

Thanks so much for visiting my little corner of the blogosphere!  I invite you to join us at Color Hues.  We do love a full gallery!

7 comments:

  1. Jules I am super impressed with how you were able to shade the white die cuts so perfectly. That is something I want to get better at doing! I really love that cool trumpet flower. Beautiful card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the water splatter effect, it really brings so much interest to the leaves. Colouring white die cuts is just the best idea, especially when you've been crafting with someone else's stash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW! You are so very welcome! This was the perfect time to showcase these dies you cut out. Everything balances so well with your lights and dark pinks! Great job my friend! Enjoy your time with Finn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I lived close enough to Nancy to borrow these dies too Jules...they are so fun and pretty and even more perfect in the challenge colors!! I love all the little added dots too! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card, Jules! Those flowers are so funky and cool, and I love how the image fills an entire card front. So clever with the dots too! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of those fresh-picked florals from Spellbinders, but these are especially stunning! What a statement they make! You're so lucky to live close enough to Nancy to play together.

    ReplyDelete