Thursday, June 13, 2024

Seize the Birthday #285

Hello Crafty Friends!  It's time for another Seize the Birthday challenge and our host Barb has a unique Topping for us to try.  The technique is called Double Stenciling.  She's provided a how to link on our blog but in a nutshell, here's how it works.  


Ink blend through Stencil #1. 
Do Not Remove.
Place Stencil #2 over top of Stencil #1.
Ink blend again.   



My Example.






You may be wondering how I achieved three colors.  The plaid background is actually a three part stencil.  I applied the blue, then the green, then the yellow however I kept the third stencil in place (the yellow) and layered the cross hatch stencil over top, applying another layer of blue over top of the yellow squares.  The focal image is a die cut.  I ink blended the center in green, stamped the sentiment and then adhered the ornate frame in the center of the panel which was popped up onto the card base.  

Supplies:
The Greetery - Square Dance stencil set
Echo Park - Beach Towel stencil
Anna Griffin - elegant frame (included with my new mini Empress)
MFT - Mini Messages and More stamp set

We would love for you to join us in this technique but if it's not your thing, feel free to add any new birthday card to our gallery.  

Thanks so much for visiting!

Jules

11 comments:

  1. Lovely stenciled background Jules. Love the ornate fame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to take a closer look at this card as it looks like it is actually woven. I love how you got in the extra design on the yellow. Then placing the ornate oval in the center is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so fun and totally unexpected, which I love. Great colors too! Hope Finn is better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pretty mix of colors on your woven stenciled background Jules, with the x's adding more interest! Love your sentiment frame die cut with the green center and black text too! I'm excited to be working with this team for June and July as Surprise Party Guest! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome end result of the double stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stencilling with this pretty diecut, great take on the double stencilling, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are always so cteative and clever with your designs! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your card made the technique easy to understand! I love how only one set of the colored squares has the extra texture of a stencil - reminds me of some vintage tiles I've seen (and loved!). Great card, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you just added double stencilling to one section of the woven background - looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jules, love your pretty plaid, double stenciled background. That ornate frame is perfect for showing off your background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks really cool Jules! Great colour combo and lovely sentiment panel

    ReplyDelete