Thursday, May 9, 2024

Seize the Birthday #283

I'll let you in on a little secret.  I live in a beach town but rarely go.  I have a pool.  It rarely gets used.  BUT....I do love to make beach themed cards and as luck would have it, that's our Topping for this fortnight's Seize the Birthday challenge.








I die cut and assembled the swimsuit and floppy hat from colored cardstock.  For the background I die cut the bubbles from the center of a panel of white cardstock, stamped the sentiment and then added texture to the panel using a waves embossing folder.  I adhered the panel to a blue card base in order for the color to show through the bubbles and called this one done.

Supplies:
Simply Graphic - Swimsuit die
Ellen Hutson - Pattern Die combo
MFT - Life's a Beach stamp set
Fun Stampers Journey - Wind and Water embossing folder

We would love for you to visit our blog and play along! Remember Toppings are optional however birthday theme is not.  

Thanks so much for visiting!  Your time is greatly appreciated.

Jules

11 comments:

  1. what a fun sentiment to go with your bathing beauty - love the texture added with the white embossed wave like background! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look and the title of the background EF, Wind and Water! Fun die cut of a perfect swimsuit with a sun hat. I love that addition of the bubbles and that sentiment is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your card Jules. So very creative and love the colors too. Have a good Mother’s Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some of the most clever cards, Jules! This one is terrific, love every element you used to put this beach card together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect combination of dies, embossing and sentiment Jules, such a fun card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jules, this is so fun and love all the dimension. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh look, there’s me in my swimsuit! Not 😆
    For a moment I thought you’d stuck all the little dots on 😮. I love the swirly background too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card and the sentiment. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the swimsuit and hat and that perfectly matched embossed background. Such a perfect beach themed card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You rocked this beach card! Great colours and use of white space - wonderful texture too.

    ReplyDelete