Thursday, May 16, 2024

Color Hues #87

I have the pleasure of being our hostess this fortnight over at the Color Hues challenge blog and I've chosen the summery duo of Coral and Teal.

 

As you can see, I've added in white, khaki and a bit of gold as neutrals.




And because I got carried away with the die cutting I have not only a bonus card but also a set of tags to share here on my blog.





Let's start with the cards.  I die cut the flowers from colored cardstocks and assembled them in the bottom left corner of a card panel.  In card one the florals were added after the embossing.  I was curious to see how the florals would look embossed so I added this step to card two after adhering the die cuts.  I think I prefer them without the added texture. The sentiments were heat embossed in gold and adhered to a shadow layer of white.  I added a sprinkling of embellishments to finish them off.  

My tags were created with leftover florals and cardstocks.  The scripty sentiments were stamped in black pigment ink.  The banner is an extremely old sticker from American Crafts????  (Don't quote me on that one.)  I really love making tags and sometimes they are just what you need to finish off that special gift.

Supplies:
MFT - Stitched Flower dies
Simon Says Stamp - Crystal Distortion embossing folder
Pinkfresh Studio - Modern Scripted Sentiments and dies
Simply Graphic - English sentiments stamp (tags)

I hope you'll play along with me over at the Color Hues blog.  Take a look-see at my teammies creations and add one of yours to our gallery.  

Thanks so much for visiting!  Your time is greatly appreciated.

Jules


8 comments:

  1. Love that cracked effect EF you've used here Jules as well as the bonus card and tags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your cards and tags are lovely; talk about making your colour combination shine in multiple ways. Sometimes, getting carried away with die-cutting is a very good thing!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards and all the tags are so pretty Jules and your color combo is definitely a winner...I loved playing with it! I also really love that ef you used on both cards...so fun and gives such a wonderful graphic look alongside all the pretty die cut flowers! Awesome challenge my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous -gorgeous- ALL the design teams are cards are so inspiring!!
    I played along too -Thanks for sharing your creativity!!
    -Kimberly W

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well aren't you an over achiever! LOL. In all seriousness, These are some great cards and Tags, Jules! I really did enjoy this color combo. Take care and good luck with unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy is right, but I'm glad you're an over-achiever because these cards and tags are great! I had a great time with these colors, and I need to follow your example, and get some tags made when I creating a card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing better than these pretty and summery florals and bonus cards! I'm enjoying these colors and seeing some other great cards with them. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your choice of colors and the cards and tags in your post are so beautiful! The background embossing is A+, the stitched flowers are so fun and good on you for being an overachiever. I think everything is amazing!

    ReplyDelete