Thursday, May 23, 2024

Seize the Birthday #284

Today's card features Metallics which happens to be our latest Topping for the Seize the Birthday challenge.  I may have been a bit too enthusiatic with my shine, combining silver pigment ink, silver metallic cardstock and silver embossing powder.  For some reason the background appears far busier in the photo than the actual card.  Honest opinions are welcomed.







I had a bit over embossed cardstock leftover so I create a coordinating tag as well.




I began by embossing a piece of black cardstock with the arched background texture.  I accentuated the embossing by swiping the silver ink using the direct "pad to paper" technique.  I die cut the flourish, tag stems and floral centers from silver metallic cardstock and the flowers from white.  The sentiment was heat embossed in silver onto black cardstock, rimming the banner edge with the metallic ink.  All that was left was assembly.

Supplies:
Erin Lee Creative - Art Deco Arches embossing folder
Anna Griffin - Flourish die (included in my mini Empress purchase which I recommend 100%!)
Your Next Stamp - Whatnot Sentiments Four stamp set
Honeybee Stamps - Cool Pearls
Spellbinders - Die Delights Layered Blooms 3
Delicata - silver metallic ink

In addition for the tag:
Spellbinders - Essential Sentiments stamp set
Spellbinders - Envelope of Wonder die set

I invite you to join us on the blog where you'll find loads of metallic inspiration.  We'd love for you to play along.  Metallics are optional however non-birthday cards are not.  

Thanks so much for visiting!  

Jules






10 comments:

  1. You are right in that your background is a busy one and the photo probably doesn't do it justice. Your flowers look good on top. I think if you had used anything other than silver on your background it would be overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules, I think it is beautiful, but sorry we can't see the shine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I saw your card that background popped out at me, and I was thinking it's so ethereal. Meaning kind of magical and I really like it. Especially like your tag that seemed to photograph even better than the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is an amazing card, Jules. I wish we could see the real shine in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the photos really don't do justice - now I am wishing I could have seen it irl!! I can only imagine how the silver must be looking on the black - fabulous, I bet! Great card and tag, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  6. End result is very cool! Love the neutrality

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unique and lovely. Swiping the background with the silver metallic ink was a good idea. The white flowers look great on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The art deco background is gorgeous - perfect for the silver on black. The white flowers are so striking. Beautiful card my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I love it! Definitely not OTT. Looks very sophisticated with the silver and black colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Jules, love the ef, I have a drawer full of 3D folders but am always on the lookout for more lol! The silver ink picked out the detail beautifully and the flowers in white and silver look perfect on top. Thankyou too for the get well wishes, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete