Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Spellbinders Propagation Garden --- Love Card

 

Hello dearest Crafty Friends!  Who doesn't love Happy Mail?  I know I sure do and am always delighted when Spellbinders shares some of their new releases with me.  Today I'm featuring a really innovative die set from their Propagation Garden release.  




My featured die today is called Propagation Garden Frames and I absolutely love it.  It's part of a whole larger collection designed by Annie Williams which includes beakers, vases, florals and sentiments.  Because I received only the "swinging" propagation station set from this release I had to be extra creative when designing my card.  

I began by die cutting my propagation station elements out of wood grained cardstock which I "grunged up" with some dye ink.  My beakers were made using an old Spellbinders holiday ornament die.  I snipped off the top of the ornament and added a hand cut neck to create flasks.  I colored in the liquid with an alcohol marker, stamped some bubbles and added the finished flask to a larger circle of vellum.  The stamped sentiment is from an older Spellbinders set which I believe is no longer available.  (I was a research lab rat in my younger days so chemistry sets always have a special place in my heart.) 

I'm pretty proud of my ingenuity if I can say so myself.  :-)

I strongly urge you to visit their site and see all of the wonderful new sets that coordinate with this really cool die.  I know I'll be purchasing at least two accompanying sets.

Supplies:
Spellbinders - holiday ornament die from old Spellbinders Christmas Card Kit
Spellbinders - Reaction stamp set (no longer available)
Avery Elle - Hello Chum stamp set (bubbles)

Thanks so much to Spellbinders!  And thank so much to you as well for spending a bit of your day with me.  I have more new Spellbinders products to share with you so I do hope you'll come back and visit later this week.  

PS - I have two posts today so feel free to meander around my blog.

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment