Saturday, April 6, 2024

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #249


Hello my Snarky Friends!  The Sisterhood is back this month with another fun prompt.  In April we are looking for cards with a bit of a twist on their fold designs.  I will admit I spent far more time on this than warranted but I'm just not a fancy fold kinda person.



For that reason I ended up using the traditional gatefold design.




I almost said the other F word.  LOL!




The inside...

I scored a half sheet of navy cardstock at 2.25" from each side and creased them to get two folds that meet in the middle.  I used a postage die set to cut a panel from both white cardstock as well as designer paper, cutting each in the center so as to fit on both sides of the opening. (The right side mirrors the left sans the diamond die cut) I die cut large decreasing sized diamonds from navy, white and red cardstocks which I layered and adhered to the left side of the card base and then adhered a white sailboat die cut to the center.  I used the same postage die to cut an interior panel and stamped my sentiment near the top.  It should not have taken me an entire day to create this and boy am I ever happy that this challenge is behind me.  That said, I have an awesome masculine card for my stash.  Living in a beach town, this one will definitely come in handy.

Supplies:
Altenew - Fine Frames die
Simply Graphic - designer paper
Ellen Hutson - Stay Salty stamp set
Mama Elephant - Peek a Frame die set
sailboat die - unknown

I hope you'll visit our blog for more fancy inspiration.  I am looking forward to seeing your ideas as I apparently have none of my own.  *sigh*  (Help a girl out for next time, would ya?)

Thanks so much for visiting my little corner of the blogosphere.  Your time and comments are greatly appreciated.

Jules

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh this is awesome!!!
    A fab fancy fold and a masculine card to boot!
    Thanks for the tutorial and cutting sizes, I am gonna have to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great card, cutting the aperture would deter me. Love the die cuts you used, this is a fabulously dude card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gate fold is a great fold - and lovely in the nautical theme/colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back to thank you for joining us at Inkspirational: Fold! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete