Monday, April 1, 2024

Color Hues #84


It's the first of the month once again which can only mean that the Color Hues team has a new challenge in store for you.  Cindy is our hostess and she has chosen the duo of Peach and Green.   




Don't be alarmed at the bright colors in the graphic.  Remember, this is a HUES challenge so pick your favorites and play along.





I did something a bit different for me and used designer papers as the base for my dies.  I should do this more often as I really love the unique look it can bring.  I used a 6x6 paper pack to ensure that all of the colors and patterns coordinated nicely but because it's a thinner material I backed them all with a layer of heavy weight white cardstock.  I ink blended a Distress Oxide color onto one side of the die cut panel before adhering my elements, some of which were popped up for dimension.  The sentiment was stamped in a crisp black pigment ink.  I added a sprinkle of coordinating colors of pearls as a final accent.

Supplies:
Waffle Flower Crafts - Shelves die set
Mama Elephant - Peek a Frame die
WPlus 9 - Happy Wishes stamp set
Honeybee Stamps - Modern Spring 6x6 paper pad
Trinity Stamps - pearls

I invite you to visit our blog for more Peach and Green inspiration.  We would be thrilled to see your card in our gallery!!!

Thanks so much for visiting my little corner of the blogosphere.  Your time and comments are much appreciated.

Jules

9 comments:

  1. You already know how much I love this card and I am pinning it when I am done for future inspiration. Love every inch of it, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE x LOVE your card, Jules! I want a shelf like this in my house!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. THUD! I just saw this in the gallery, Jules, and now I need a new hip on the other side sooner than I had hoped! I love every bit of this striking design! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of those DPs Jules, paper pads certainly make life easier when trying to match up different elements. The subtle patterning on the mug and vase bring them to life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this card the moment I saw it, and I was so glad you shared your process with us. The arrangement of the objects on the shelf, and the partial ink blending is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy to see your take on my colors, Julie! Your papers are great hues and a subtle soft look is fabulous! The shelf and plants are a lovely combination. I think the white flower on the bottom of the bowl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful design, Jules! So clever to use patterned papers and let it do the work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jules this is such a clever design. I really love how you used patterned paper, the plants made with patterned paper, the shelf and you used so many companies products and tied them together so nicely! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning card, Jules! I love that you used patterned paper and the shelf with plants is as pretty as can be! Every detail is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete