Thursday, April 11, 2024

Seize the Birthday #281

 

Hello Crafty Friends!  The Seize the Birthday gang is back with a new Topping.  Our fearless leader Nancy is the hostess and she's asking us to combine any color with green on our birthday cards.  

(This is my second post of the day so if you missed the first one
I'd appreciate you having a look see around my blog.  Thanks!)




I chose the combination of Orange and Green.





I began my design with block lettering and a cute mouse die cut that I inserted in place of the A in Happy.  I used an embossing folder for the background, placed a festive balloon in his hand, heat embossed the sub sentiment and added a few tiny gold stars as embellishments.  Overall, it's a fairly simple design.

Supplies:
MFT Little Uppercase dies
Cottage Cutz - Forest Critters
Simon Says Stamp - Happy
Stampin' Up - Painted Texture embossing folder

I invite you to visit our blog for more inspiration.  Whether you play with the Topping or not we would love to see your birthday creations in our gallery!  

Thanks so much for spending a bit of your time with me.

Jules


11 comments:

  1. Jules, I love how you place the darling little mouse into your design! and orange and green go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that heart balloon holding mouse! Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so cute with that adorable little mouse and lots of great texture. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so creative to place a item in a word die. It really makes for a fun card. This is a great inspiration for that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so darling, Jules! That EF is really unique as well. Of course that sweet mouse really can't be ignored either. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now isn't that just the sweetest, cutest little mouse! Very cute card. Thanks for having me as a surprise party guest this time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE how you put this card together with that sweet little mouse! I love how you put him right on the sentiment panel and embossed the background panel. Adorable birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun card, Jules! I love how you've used the lil mouse instead of 'A' and it's cute and fun. I love how the orange and green form good contrasting colors and look great in the card too. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable little mouse and genius idea to use him in place of the A, gorgeous texture from the ef too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! Love how you did the sentiment. Great background texture too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cute card Jules and how you replaced the A with the adorable mouse.

    ReplyDelete