Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Color Hues #85

 

Happy Middle of the Month!!!  It's time for another round at Color Hues where we challenge you to create a card using only the two chosen hues along with neutrals.  Today's new color duo is Pink and Yellow, brought to us by Hannelie.



If someone says Pink, I say Flamingo!




Today's card features a mix of Spellbinder supplies.  The flamingo and pot were cut from pink cardstock and edged with ink.  The background panel was embossed, trimmed with a scallop die and adhered to a larger pink panel.  The sentiment is part of a glimmer set.  The dots on the pot are actually negative pieces from the scallop die.  The florals and border were embellished with gems.  The greeting continues on the inside of the card.

Supplies:
Spellbinders - Plant it Here dies
Spellbinders - SDOTM Feb 2018 (lace)
Spellbinders - Lavendar dies
Spellbinders - Envelope of Wonder dies
Spellbinders - foiled sentiment (not sure of the name)

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I invite you to visit our blog for more colorful inspiration and hope to see your card in our gallery.  

Jules


8 comments:

  1. A potted flamingo? Is that the same as a tipsy tourist lol? Okay, please excuse my silly humor!

    About your card - I absolutely adore your flamingo and that charming flower pot filled with yellow posies. The pink panel lined with the scalloped edge just tops off a fabulous card, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flamingo and flower pot are a delightful combination...especially when the pot sports polka dots! Love this!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too CUTE Jules...your pink flamingo is ADORABLE dipping his toes into the pot of pretty yellow flowers! LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever you use a flamingo my friend I smile! I think about you in the state that is associated with them. So cute and bright and fun, LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh at Stef's comment!😂 I love your potted flamingo and spotted pot. Cute card my dear and thanks again for hanging out with us this week! I loved seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A flamingo, a polka dotted pot and lots of pink - I love it! That scalloped die is so pretty too. Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card, Jules! Your "potted flamingo" brought a chuckle to my lips. I have a friend who is no fan of flamingos, and whenever I see a cute card like this one, I'm tempted to get one in the mail. (It's been a standing joke with us for years! Once I had a flock of flamingos "planted in her yard." It was a fund raiser for a youth group, and she retaliated by sending a flock to me.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you're thinking Jules! Love the added touches of texture and pattern... a great card, showing off my chosen colors in a beautiful way!

    ReplyDelete