Saturday, March 16, 2024

Color Hues #83


Hello Crafty Friends!  The Color Hues team is back with another wonderful duo for you to work with this fortnight.  Carol has chosen the combination of Blue and Cream and as you can see from my card, I took full advantage of the "hues" portion of our challenge.





As I always say, it's much easier to make sympathy cards when you're not actually in need.  As much as I hope such an occasion will never arise I'd rather have this on hand than to have work through tears to create one.  

My card is simple.   As you can see, I used three shades of blues to create the foliage focal point.  I adhered the cluster to a cream panel, added a die cut bow at the base, stamped the sentiment in black and then popped it up on a cream card base using fun foam.  Simple and to the point.

Supplies:
MFT and Paper Smooches - Foliage dies
Poppystamps - Bow die
MFT - So Very Sorry for Your Loss stamp set

I invite you to visit our blog for more Blue and Cream inspiration.  We'd love to see your creation in our gallery.

Thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me.

Jules

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, thoughtful card, Jules. The three shades of blue leaves are so pretty. I hope you won't need to use this for a very, very long time.
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this design the minute I saw it in our DT blog! A perfect CAS card, perfect as a sympathy card which I need way so often it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, Jules! Of course you're right, easier to make sympathy cards in advance and this one is delicate and perfectly CAS. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS perfection Jules and the colors really are perfect for a sympathy card! Lovely, lovely card my friend...you aced this one!! Hugs. Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, sympathy cards are not easy to make on demand, this is a lovely take on the colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Sympathy card and that sentiment has a wonderful font!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so right about making sympathy cards when you don't actually need one Jules. This is a beauty and the colours are perfect. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete