Thursday, March 14, 2024

Seize the Birthday #279

 

Good morning Crafty Friends.  I have the pleasure of being the host of this fortnight's Seize the Birthday challenge and, as such, I get the honor of choosing a Topping.  I've chosen something a bit different and hope that you enjoy the challenge.  I think my photo is a very big clue.




Yes, I'd like to see everyone create a coordinating tag along with their birthday card.  This is something I do quite often although I don't often share it.





I began my projects by die cutting all of the elements in white and coloring them with Distress Oxides.  The cloud background is a stencil.  The sentiments were cobbled together with stamp surgery using several different stamp sets.  I created these with my grandson in mind.  That boy LOVES to fish!  

Supplies:
Cottage Cutz - Fishing Pole & Boat die set
Pink & Main - Gone Fishing stamp set
Ellen Hutson and Clearly Besotted - misc sentiments
Simon Says Stamp - Layering Rainbow stencil 

I hope you'll give my challenge as try.  But if not, all birthday cards are appreciated in our gallery.  Come visit our blog for more inspiration from the Design Team.

Thanks so much for visiting!!!

Jules


12 comments:

  1. thank you Jules for a very fun challenge! I love the card & tag idea!! You card is awesome, I have a SIL who would love these, he is a huge fan of fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card and tag are so cute and perfect for a fisherman. This was a fun challenge. Thanks for inspiring us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules, thanks for the fun challenge. Your card and tag are fantastic. Your grandson will love these. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew these had to be for Finn as soon as I saw them. I love them and this topping. I had a lot of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this fishy little combo Jules! Thanks for the great Topping - it was fun to do something a bit different :) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your challenge Jules. Your example and all of the teams entries have given me lots is inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last comment was me, Barb. Not sure why it comes up anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and tag combo, Jules, and good to see a masculine version. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh these are adorable! Had to chuckle at 'stamp surgery'. This is such a fun pair - love them. Thanks for a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun masculine tag and card Jules, your grandson will love them! Thanks for the fun challenge, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this! I love, in particular, the coloring. It looks very unique - like an illustration - really charming. I'll bet your grandson will love these - they are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete