Friday, February 23, 2024

Seize the Birthday #278

 

Hello my crafty friends.  It's time for another Seize the Birthday challenge with JoAnn as our hostess.  As such, she had the honor of choosing the Topping and she chose one near and dear to my heart.  The Color Red.






I wanted to create something a bit out of the ordinary for me and ultimately ended up choosing to highlight the sentiment.  To create it I first die cut the alphas and numeral from red cardstock.  The alphas were heat embossed in white using a wonky background stamp.  The number two was heat embossed four times in clear.  The funky pattern to the image is strictly a result of multiple heat embossed layers and I happen to love it.  The background is a really old designer paper.  I added a thin frame to the outer edge to give a it a bit more punch.  

Supplies:
Altenew - Bold Alpha die set
Hero Arts - Ocean Waves background die
Papertrey Ink - dotted designer paper (really old)
Altenew - Fine Frames die set

We encourage you to use our Topping however any birthday card qualifies for the gallery.  I invite you to visit our blog for more wonderfully red inspiration.  

Thanks so much for visiting!

Jules

5 comments:

  1. Totally fun! I like the angled 2 also

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally in love with this card, Jules! Way to shake it up and do something so unexpected! I had no idea so many team members like the color red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your big embossed letters and number Jules. What a fun card. Glad you had fun with the red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the textures on the alphabets and the number. The design looks cas but bold. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool card! Such a clever layout. Great combination of textures and patterns.

    ReplyDelete