Friday, March 1, 2024

Color Hues #82

 
It's the first of the month which means it's time for another Color Hues challenge.  Tracey has chosen the wonderful spring themed combination of Turquoise and Green.  (That said, I think this combo would make for fun wintery cards as well.)





I've chosen my favorite themed card...Belated Birthday.  Why?  Because it seems I can never get them out on time, if at all.  I'm really trying to get better about this but life keeps throwing my curveballs.  My most recent twist is a total kitchen renovation dumped on me (literally) by a kitchen flood a few weeks back.  (Leaky copper pipe in my island that had apparently been slowly dripping under the flooring for weeks.)  But alas, I digress.  On to my card....

I used a mix of different products on today's card.  I die cut the stems and pot from two different hues of greens and turquoise.  I opted for a Bristol card base that is actually more cream than white.  Ordinarily that would irritate me but in I think it works in this design.  I used a couple of embossing folders to provide the different textures and heat embossed the sentiment in white onto a strip of black cardstock.  To finish it off I added a narrow frame of turquoise cardstock to create a frame.

Supplies:
Spellbinders - Plant It Here die set
Alex Siberia - Winter Foliage die set
Alex Siberia - Celebration Sentiments stamp and die set
Altenew - Fine Frames die set
We R Memory Keepers - Diagonal Lines embossing folder
Unknown - Diamond embossing folder

We have a blog post filled with wonderful inspiration.  I hope you'll check it out and play along.  We ask that you use only hues of greens and turquoises however neutrals are always welcome.  

Thanks so much for visiting!  My house mess awaits...

Jules

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet little pot of greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of your kitchen disaster, hopefully you will be back to normal soon. A simple but effective card in these spring colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS and just perfect Jules! I was glad to hear you say about when your whites (creams) don't match up...I am completely anal about that and drives me crazy when the colors don't perfectly match up! That being said, your layers match up beautifully on this card like it was all meant to be from the beginning!! Beautiful card my friend and hang in there with the renovation...I really do feel your pain having been there too! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monstera for the win! I love your greenery on this pretty card and the fun details. The white textured pieces are wonderful and the addition of the white sprigs too. I'm sure with you on the belated birthday cards. Isn't the mail slower these days?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am started to have a real liking for potted plants which is not usually my thing. A love that you embraced the cream and went with it. Sweet belated Birthday card. Take care and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your potted plant couldn't be more perfect for this color combo and I love the detail of adding embossing to the oval behind the pot! I would be aghast to have to go through what you are, so my heart is with you and I hope things progress as smoothly as possible, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a plant and pot combination like this for my house; the pot is so pretty and the plant...well, green and healthy (unlike some of mine). Belated birthday is my thing too...in fact, belated belated is more apt!
    Hope dismantling and restoration move smoothly and quickly.
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh I didn't know about your kitchen flood, we need to talk! Your card is so lovely and your right the colours work for winter cards too! The plant is the sweetest with the tiny white flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great CAS take on the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete