Friday, February 16, 2024

Color Hues #81


Wowzers!  Did we ever have a HUGE response to our last challenge!!!  February is definitely the month for Red and Pink and Color Hues totally jumped on that bandwagon.  But we still have lots of February to enjoy yet so let's move on to a new color combination.  Stef has chosen the wonderful duo of Lilac and Mint.





I used a lily die to cut out all of my focal elements in white and then used my Copic markers to color them.  The black dots were created with the use of a black gelly roll pen.  I think this addition really adds so pop to the florals.  I stamped the black background with a lined stamp and then applied some clear embossing powder over top.  The sentiment is one that I created at a friend's house (read that as our fearless leader, Nancy) using her Spellbinders Better Press system. (I keep hoping they'll put it on sale.)  The panel was popped up with craft foam and adhered to a white cardbase for a CAS look.

Supplies:
MFT - Lily die set
Simon Says Stamp - Sketchy Lines Background cling stamp
Spellbinders - Sentiments of Wonder Better Press stamp

I invite you to visit our blog and play along!  For those of you in the colder climates, a little lilac and mint may be just the pick me up you need.  Thanks so much for visiting my blog!!!  I appreciate each and every one of you.

Jules



8 comments:

  1. You are killing it with the black backgrounds these days. What a beautiful card Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lilies are just stunning on the black background! Tracey is right--a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Your lilies + black background pairing make for one stunning card! Gorgeous! I don't have the Betterpress system either and also hoping for a sale. Current price rings in at $110 CDN, with plates running upwards of $25. Fingers crossed deals will come along...
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally forgot I had those MFT lilies. I love the dark background and how you colored and dotted your lilies. Glad the sentiment came in handy too. Pretty card and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The textured black background really makes those lilies pop Jules, fab card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that embossed backgroun, Jules! It works beautifully to show off your gorgeous lilies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely GORGEOUS card Jules! I love the black dots on the lilies, and your background is FABULOUS! You are definitely making me wish for Spring my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a stunning card, with this gorgeous lily and the black background! Makes me ready for spring! Our daffodils began blooming last week, so it has begun. Pollen is soon to follow, Ha!

    ReplyDelete