Thursday, February 8, 2024

Seize the Birthday #277

 

The Seize the Birthday challenge blog is back with a new Topping.  Glenda is our hostess with the mostest and she's chosen a very fun prompt.  Can you guess based on my card?


Did you guess Splatter?




While I'm still mourning the closing of Ellen's store I did take HUGE advantage of her final sale.  I used a "new to me" stamp set for today's card.  I have a degree in microbiology and really have a thing for all things fungi and shrooms.  

I did some creative masking to stamp out the image onto a piece of designer paper and then colored it with alcohol markers.  The leafy sprig was die cut from designer paper as well.  Before adhering to the card base I splattered the front with white acrylic ink.  I'm really loving the masculine feel to this one.

Supplies:
Ellen Hutson - Nature Walk stamp set
Simon Says Stamp - Leafy Christmas Tree die set
Honeybee Stamps - Modern Spring 6x6 paper pad
Colorado Craft Company - Greener Grass stamp set

I invite you to visit our blog for more inspiration and encourage you to try our Topping.  Thanks so much for visiting!

Jules



9 comments:

  1. Jules, this is a fantastic masculine birthday card. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sentiment always makes me smile. Great card for anyone, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a degree, but i share your thing for shrooms! So it follows that your card really interested me. I love the sentiment and your design too. splatters on the background would also be a good way for me to get over the fear I have of putting splatters on my card. I have been inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sentiment! Such a fun card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background Jules. I chuckled at that fun sentiment.
    JoAnn B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I love mushrooms too - not only to draw and color but also to cook and eat too!! :D
    Fun card, Jules. I love that small image and how neat your card design is - the grey tone on tone is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, Jules - fun but elegant at the same time.

    ReplyDelete