Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Color Hues #79

 
The Color Hues team is back with another wonderful color duo for you to ponder.  I do believe these colors would be perfect for a St. Patty's Day card however I opted to get a head start on my 2024 holiday cards with the simple design.  









It's a bit difficult to see from my photo but my metallics are indeed copper and not the gold hue that they seem.


I cut, embossed and inked a 4.25" x 5.5" piece of green cardstock to use as my background.  The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed with copper embossing powder a total of three times to get a nice raised effect.  I watered down a bit of Copper Penny Nuvo drops to use as splatter, adhered the sentiment and then added some copper jewels to round off the design.


Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp - Elegantly Modern Christmas stamp and die set
Simon Says Stamp - Lumen embossing folder
Nuvo - Copper Embossing Powder
Nuvo - Copper Penny Crystal Drops

I invite you to join us on the blog!  Thanks for stopping by!!!

Jules

9 comments:

  1. It is tricky to get the copper to look like copper and not gold, I gave up and settled for the best I could get! A great start to your holiday stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photographing any metallic at my house is a trial! Creating a holiday card was a brilliant idea! I think a set of these would be a great start for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Jules this is such a fun card. Love the embossing and the splatter is always amazing!! Trying to capture any type of glimmer with a camera is so hard! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you starting your Holiday cards early! I don't think I have ever used Nuvo drops as splatter! Thanks for the tip! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green and copper made for a gorgeous holiday card! Really love the simplicity of a beautiful embossed panel topped with a beautiful sentiment! And of course, splatters! Thinking I'll make a variety of cards using your design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauty! Love the green and copper together, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful Christmas card, Jules! The embossing looks fab and the splatter finishes it off perfectly! I almost went with Christmas as well, it's such a great combo for a holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for getting a head start on your Christmas card stash Jules, and what a beauty it is too! I have that embossing folder and don't think I've ever used it...grrrrr!! It looks FABULOUS in the green with all the copper accents, and especially your sentiment that you triple heat embossed...love it! Beautiful card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh la la! One very classy Christmas card featuring our challenge colours. Definitely eye-catching! Nuvo drops as splatters? Super cool - and pretty!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete