Thursday, January 11, 2024

Seize the Birthday #275

 

It's the first challenge of 2024 for the Seize the Birthday challenge blog.  Cathy is our hostess and she has chosen a fun (and easy) Topping to start out the new year.




We are looking for any sort of embossing.  Being the overachiever that I am, I combined both a dry embossing technique (the background) as well as a heat embossed technique (the sentiment) in the design of my card.






These wonderful book dies are a new item for me and I couldn't wait to put them to use.  I die cut them in white and applied inks to achieve the colors.  I adhered the books to a square of navy cardstock, blended with inks around the edges.  The sentiments were stamped and heat embossed with white powder.  To add interest to my white background panel I used a cover die along with a flexible embossing mat so that it "pierced" the panel without cutting through it.  The final step was to adhere the to a navy card base.

Supplies:
Waffle Flower Crafts - Layered Book die set
MFT - Our Story stamp set
Pigment Craft & Co. - Mosaic Flower cover plate

We have three guest designers this time around.  Loll Thompson continues as our Surprise Party Guest while Marina Richards and Karen Walker join us as winners of the past challenge.  Come check out our gallery and upload your embossed cards for a chance to guest with us in the future.  If you choose not to use our Topping, any birthday card qualifies.  Thanks so much for visiting!

Jules


11 comments:

  1. Great card for a reader :) - love the bg embossing too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules, great way to get both techniques, dry and wet embossing into your card! (btw: this was Cathy's challenge, not mine! I have the next one!) Your sentiment is so clever with your whole book theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card with that great embossed background. So cute for an avid reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your "novel" card Jules. Great job with the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, forgot to sigh my name. It would not recognize my Google account. JoAnn B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful, Jules and the first person I thought of when I saw it is Linds. She would have loved it too. Miss her as I know you do too! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, being an over achiever has gotten you some amazing cards here. Lol I love the cheeky sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, the over achiever achieves once again! Love your card - aligning with the theme of the card, even the embossing pattern in the background looks academical :P Awesome card, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You over achiever, you! But it worked - you’ve made a fabulous card. Love the combo of the books and that dry embossed background panel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sentiment for the book die and a fun way to add embossing too, both ways :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you have book dies! Such a fabulous card - love the rich colours and the white embossed background.

    ReplyDelete