Thursday, November 16, 2023

Color Hues #76

 

Good morning fellow crafters.  It's my turn to host the Color Hues challenge for the next two weeks and with the holidays sneaking up on us I thought it was time for a festive Christmassy (is that a word?) color combo.  Of course your card needn't be holiday themed ... just remember to use only these two colors and approved neutrals.  Let's get this party started!

My card....





My card uses stamps and dies from The Greetery.  I had to have this bow die the instant I saw Betsy's video.  It is just perfection!

I die cut the bow from red cardstock and then did some selective inking in a darker red, followed by a generous spritz of gold metallic spray.  I cannot rave about this bow enough and you'll be seeing more of it in future posts.  

The background was die cut from a gold metallic cardstock and adhered directly to a red card base.  I set the "ribbon" cardstock pieces on a diagonal, positioning the bow in the upper left corner.  I heat embossed a tiny gold tag which may be a bit hard to read in the photo but it says "Sending Warm Thoughts."  (It isn't easy stamping and embossing slick metallic cardstock.)

Supplies:
The Greetery - Big Beautiful Bow die set
The Greetery - Woven Cane die
The Greetery - Thinking of You stamp set
Heidi Swapp - Gold Metallic spray (mine is ancient but still works like a charm.)

I invite you to visit our blog where you'll see so many wonderful designs in red and metallic gold.  The colors are perfect for Christmas cards but I'm hoping to see some non-holiday inspiration in the gallery.

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogosphere.  Your time means a lot to me.

Jules

13 comments:

  1. Jules, your card is gorgeous! As in GORGEOUS! That bow...swoon! Thank you for the smile this snowy morning - and for choosing a colour combination that is Christmassy perfect!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love this card Jules, since we discussed the other day. On the one hand there is so much going on but ultimately the bow and tag are the piece that tie it all together. Amazing my friend, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw this card on the DT site I gasped. This is so wonderful! It is going to be a great gallery, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, that magnificent bow is a sight to behold! Beautiful card, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card design with these fabulous colors you chose! That you created the background with the "ribbon" on the diagonal was brilliant and that bow is indeed a beauty! Gorgeous card, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card certainly packs a festive punch Jules. A great choice of colours for this time of year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Jules! I love, LOVE that Greetery bow and it's on my Christmas wish list...sure hope Santa pulls through!! Your red & gold color theme was so fun to work with and you sure made this combo SHINE with your lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just look at what you made! Honestly, Jules, this just rocks my socks. I love that cane die and the bow. Such a vibrant red too. Completely perfect, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you picked one fabulous color duo! You can tell it's going to be popular by the number of cards in the gallery in just two days! I had such fun with it, and your card is fabulous! I would not have thought to use the Woven Cane die with gold paper but it's just spectacular, and that bow is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A most wonderful Christmassy card, Jules! I love the festive colors you chose and your design is a gorgeous sample. The woven cane die is fabulous! I bet you'll get lots of use out of that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. Love your pretty bow and the gold die cut background. JoAnn B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so enjoyed the challenge Jules - I love how you've used red as the main colour on yours. It really looks like a great, big present with that beautiful bow on it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love the colors you chose & your card is a stunner! That bow caught my attention, too. Love seeing it on your card--may need to add it to my stash!

    ReplyDelete