Friday, November 17, 2023

Color Throwdown # 769

 

After making tons of autumn themed cards it was refreshing to see a spring color palette over at the Color Throwdown Challenge blog.  I pulled out a set of five layering stencils and went to work.




I didn't set out to create a wedding themed card but that's how it goes sometimes when you're winging it.  



I pulled three Distress Oxide colors along with a white pigment ink and went to town stenciling.  I die cut the doves and sprigs in white cardstock, coloring them with the same Distress hues.  I also blended the back side of a vellum circle to serve as grounding for my images.  The sentiment was heat embossed in silver onto a white strip of cardstock.  I also created a narrow border of pink to set off the white panel before adhering it to a white card base.  I'm pleased to have a pretty nuptial card in my stash.

Supplies:
Pinkfresh Studios - Layering Stencil (anyone know the name???)
MFT - Say I Do dies
MFT - Peaceful Greenery die set
Clearly Besotted - Tiny Type sentiment stamp set

Thanks so much for visiting!!!

Jules

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card.... sweet doves!! I have never tried coloring the backside of vellum- need to try!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty nuptial card indeed Julie! Those doves are so pretty and look like they've found the perfect nesting spot! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete