Friday, October 27, 2023

Color Throwdown Challenge #766

 

I recently returned from an extended visit with my son and his family in North Carolina.  My autumn loving heart appreciates the change of seasons that they get to experience and it is truly the only thing I miss after living in Florida for over 40 years.  

Several challenges have caught my eye but this one from the Color Throwdown team was first up on the list.  I am in love with their inspiration photo and color trio.  Here is my card.....




Inspired by their wonderful mood board...

I began by pulling cardstocks in their challenge colors along with kraft as my neutral.  I die cut and assembled the tiny two toned birds and adhered them onto a kraft wreath adorned with acorns and leaves.  I decided it needed a bit more ooomph so I added an ink blended floral bouquet at the bottom of the wreath.  (A portion of the blend is coming through as more yellow than orange on the cream colored cardstock but I assure you, it is indeed orange.)  The assembled wreath was adhered to an embossed white panel with the sentiment was stamped onto a tiny banner.  I added a tiny orange border and adhered the finished panel to a light blue card base.  Clear droplets are my only embellishment.  

I used the leftover die cuts to create a couple of gift tags.  I am going to push myself to do this more often.



Supplies:
Poppystamps - Flock of Birds dies
Spellbinders - Scattered Fall embossing folder
Pink & Main - Forever in My Heart stamp set
Cottage Cutz - Build a Grapevine Wreath die


Thanks so much for stopping by!!!  Your time is greatly appreciated.

Jules






1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous fall wreath and love that it includes birds. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card making use of the Color Throwdown colors !!
    It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete