Monday, October 16, 2023

Color Hues #74


The Color Hues team is back with another color duo for you!  Today we are looking for hues of Yellow and Kraft.  




I'm a firm believer in having a stash of sympathy cards as it's so much easier to create them when you aren't in need.  I thought our soothing color combo was just right for this type of card.  

I began by die cutting my elements.  The branch and bird are actually from two different manufacturer's sets but I think they play along nicely together.  I added in a bit of twine as both a design element as well as a nesting element.  I stamped the sentiment and added several gold pearls to create a diagonal flow.  This bird has already "flown the nest" but thankfully because I gifted it to a friend, not because anyone was yet in need.


Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp - Layered Bird die set
Cottage Cutz - Bluebirds die set (branch)
Ellen Hutson - Totally Random Sayings stamp set
Papertrey Ink - Rustic Cream cardstock

I invite you to visit our blog where you'll see so many wonderful designs in Yellow and Kraft.  Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogosphere.  Your time means a lot to me.

Jules

 

7 comments:

  1. What a pretty sympathy card, Jules. Love that bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, sympathy cards are difficult to make at short notice. This is a lovely soothing example for your stash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules, what a great idea to use these colors for a sympathy card, and the die cut bird and branch look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card, Jules, and I agree how nice it is to have a sympathy card in the stash. The bird and branch look great together. I love the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think birds are such a wonderful image to use for a sympathy card, and this color combo is just perfect for it too! Lovely, lovely card Jules!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jules the bird is beautiful and it makes the most beautiful sympathy card. I hope you don't need to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like late commenting; been one of those weeks (issues with town having a serious water pipe leak/water restrictions/construction gong shows added to my usual state of disorganized LOL). Your sympathy card is pretty and yes, this combination is, indeed, soothing.
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete