Sunday, October 1, 2023

Color Hues #73

 

How can it possibly be October already?  Well it is, whether our Florida weather knows it or not ... and the first of the month means a new color challenge over at the Color Hues blog.  I've made several autumn cards but today I'm taking it back to summer.






I recently had the opportunity to visit the Pink and Main store in Ellenton, FL where I picked up a couple of wreath decor die sets.  My card today uses the summer wreath elements.  

I die cut the elements from rustic cream cardstock for something a bit different.  I feel like it has a bit of beachiness to it.  The light blue and coral colors were achieved by ink blending with Distress Oxides.  To get a "hue" I purposely went heavy handed with some elements and used a much lighter touch with others.  The wreath itself is from a separate die set.  My Thanks die lost it's home ages ago so I don't know the manufacturer.  If you happen to recognize it please let me know in the comments.  I did double stack it with an offset using the rustic cardstock which is also used as my card base.  The little flowers are sequin bits from my stash.

Supplies:
Pink and Main - Summer Wreath Decor die set
Cottage Cutz - Build a Grapevine Wreath
Distress Oxides
Thanks die -  unknown

I encourage you to visit our blog for a look-see at the marvelous cards created by our Design Team.  Thanks so much for visiting!

Jules



7 comments:

  1. The weather here doesn't realise its autumn either Jules. I opened the door yesterday morning fully expecting an autumn chill but was surprised to be hit by a wave of warm air! Your design certainly evokes summer with all these elements and the beach colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card and it's sitting to the right of me as I type! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are like a breath of sunshine on your summery card, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your summer wreath is soooo pretty; talk about a fabulous choice of images to keep summer going well into October.
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the iconic symbols of summer and the beach that you used, Jules! Such a pretty card and a lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was definitely still Summer here earlier this week Jules (mid 80's) and this wreath would have fit right in! I'm loving all the accessories you've added to the wreath in the blue & coral shades...especially that sweet little flamingo!! It's pouring down rain today and the temps are dropping, so I'm afraid Summer is gone from Michigan, but I can still smile and remember the warmth when I look at your sweet, sweet Summer wreath!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun that you were able to go to the Pink & Main store and that you left with something too! I love your very Florida feeling autumn wreath, so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete