Saturday, September 30, 2023

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers # 244

 

It's time once again for another Sisterhood Saturday where we bring you lighthearted prompts for your card making inspiration.  Today's theme is Xanadu and I must admit that I was stumped and had to look up the definition for help. "blush"




According to the Oxford dictionary Xanadu is defined as ....  

  1. an idealized place of great or idyllic magnificence and beauty.




I don't know about you all but, when my time comes, a Happy Hour in the afterlife with two of my closest ghost friends sure sounds like a great place of magnificence and beauty.  :-)  

I created a black and silver alcohol backdrop for my personal Xanadu and chose a ragged edge die to cut the panel.  (I also die cut two panels from white cardstock to serve as a mat.  The black got a bit lost on the dark red card base.)  I stamped, colored and fussy cut out the trio, adhering them directly to the inked panel.  The sentiment was heat embossed in white onto a red banner.  

Supplies:
Art Impressions - Fright Night stamp set
Penny Black - Antique Frames die set
Ranger - alcohol inks 

I invite you to visit our blog for more some hilarious inspiration from my fellow Sistahs.  I hope you're inspired to play along!

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant card - I love it! I finally got my card made and blogged. I confess I stole all your words from the main post just to make my life easier. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to happy hour in the afterlife!!!
    Love the ghosties and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Hour in the afterlife? Yes please! This is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete