Thursday, September 14, 2023

Seize the Birthday #269


The Seize the Birthday team is back with new Topping, chosen for us by our hostess Linda.  I really love the theme .... I just wish Mother Nature knew it was fall here in Florida.  *sigh*  (Maybe in January....LOL!) 






Whenever I get a bit stumped with a color theme I turn to my "tried and true" design of "funky stamped shapes."  I pulled out four autumnal shades of Distress Oxide inks and four stamp sets from the Ellen Hutson shop and went to town.  
(Can we just take a moment of silence to grieve the closing of her shop?  I'm happy for her but selfishly sad on my part.)

In full disclosure....I began by stamping the large two toned focal leaf and then winged it from there. I have yet to come across a free range design that I haven't loved using these sets.  Once I was happy with the design, I stamped the greeting along the bottom right corner, matted the panel with a narrow margin of orange cardstock and popped the panel up with fun foam before adhering it to my card base.   

Supplies:
Ellen Hutson - HB2U sentiment stamp set
Ellen Hutson - Organic Elements stamp set
Ellen Hutson - Stay Cool stamp set
Ellen Hutson - Abstract Nature stamp set

I invite you to visit our blog for more autumnal birthday inspiration from not only our Design Team members but also our Surprise Party Guest, Stef, who will be joining us for the next two months.  

This is my third post of the day.  (Go Me!)  If you missed my two previous ones, just keep scrolling down.  And as always, thanks so much for visiting me on my blog.

Jules


9 comments:

  1. Jules, what a fun funky card with fall colors. So cute. Also, your third card is so beautiful and could also be considered for a STB Fall card. It is so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bright Autumn colors together! Fun stamping with the shapes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card with those funky leaves in fall colors. I know what you mean about fall here in Florida. We have summer, summer, summer and a little winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stamped design would look great in any colour combo! Love these fall colours together though, bright and fresh, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jules, I just love your artsy take on fall and the colors. I agree with you. I wish there was fall in Florida as it’s my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how funky and colorful this looks! I have a hard time with abstract designs, so I admire your ability to just go with the flow to create this. Wonderful card, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how lucky to have this set...makes such a fun whimsical card with the leaves in many colors! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the modern artsy look of this card, Jules, makes my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful collage of images! The dew drops are a perfect accent. Gorgeous card my friend.

    ReplyDelete