Friday, September 15, 2023

Color Hues #72 -- Lindsey's Legacy Hop

Today the Color Hues team is participating in the Lindsey's Legacy Hop as part of our regular challenges.  You may remember that our dear friend and DT member passed away last summer from a very aggressive form of ovarian cancer.  If you didn't arrive at this post via Color Hues I encourage you to stop by Emily Leiphart's blog (the first stop on the hop) for more about Lindsey and the charity set up by her husband Burke.  There are many ways to help spread awareness and contribute to her charity if you are able.




We chose to honor Lindsey by using her two favorite colors....Red and Purple.  Linds and I had a shared love of red and often bantered back and forth over my extreme lack of love for anything purple.  Unless you're a member of the Red Hat Society, this combination may hold some challenges.  It certainly did for me hence my use of plum...a lesser evil in my book.  Unfortunately my photo doesn't truly represent the difference in the two colors.  





Lindsey was truly a dear friend to me and I miss her presence every single day.  Creating a Friendship card seemed appropriate for me.  

I began by embossing a red panel to create the vine texture.  The alphas in the die cut heart were inlaid, alternating in red and plum.  I added some linen texture to heart using a cover plate before adhering it to the panel which was then adhered to a heavy weight card base.  I die cut some flowers for embellishment and added a white gem to their centers for the finishing touches.  

Supplies:
Hero Arts s- Infinity Hearts die set
Ellen Hutson - Tall and Skinny Alpha dies
Simon Says Stamp - Layered Vines embossing folder
Spellbinders - Die of the Month for June 2018 (flowers)
Papertrey Ink - Linen Cover Plate  

I will have a total of three blog posts today, each one honoring Lindsey.  (Color Hues, The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and a non DT card.)  I'd love it if you could stick around and browse for a few minutes.  I also invite you to join us over at the Color Hues blog where you'll see many wonderful cards using Lindsey's favorite colors.  

If you create something in Lindsey's honor we'd love it if you could help spread the word for this cause by using any or all of the following hashtags.

                                    #lindseyslegacyhop 
                                    #lindseyslegacyfund 
                                    #clearcellovariancancer 
                                    #ovariancancer  
                                    #theprincessmargaret

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

11 comments:

  1. I agree a great way to honour your friendship with Lindsey. That little bit of plum came to your rescue here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, your posts and creations have made me smile this morning. What amazing tributes to our amazing friend and sister xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules, I enjoyed reading your lovely memories of Lindsey and laughed over your dislike of purple. I, myself, used to have the same problem with purple and then suddenly I loved using it (for cards, not in real life LOL)! Thank you for your beautiful contribution to this hop! 💜❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card, Jules. Great job, despite your opposite affection of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is fabulous, and your comments about purple and red really made me smile. From here on in I will always think of plum as the less evil cousin of purple. I'm so moved by everyone's comments and memories on this hop and I'm so grateful to have my head filled with happy thoughts of Lindsey. Big hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jules, I'm thinking of all of you that knew and loved Lindsey. I never had the privilege, and appreciate reading about what an amazing person she was, and naturally, what a great loss this has been to all of you. Using the big heart filled with the word friend says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry purple isn't your "thing" Jules (I feel that way most times about blue, although it has grown on me a bit this past year.), but the "lesser" plum color worked beautifully on your friendship heart and flowers and surrounded by all the vibrant red! Loss is never easy, but I'm hoping this hop and all the special cards and memories will bring about healing to all of you that knew Lindsey well. Wonderful card my friend. Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You say plum; I say purple...whatever the case, your card featuring Lindsey's favourite colours is absolutely lovely! More hugs coming your way...
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your card at first glance! The plum redeems these colors for me as I too struggle with purple. Your friendship card is bold and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely card! Purple isn't so bad - really. ;) Linds would be so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a stunning card for Lindsey Jules! She would absolutely love every part of this card. I miss her so much too!

    ReplyDelete