Thursday, August 24, 2023

Seize the Birthday #268

 

I'm back as hostess of the new Seize the Birthday challenge which means I had the honor of choosing the Topping.  I hope you all like it as much as I do.







I am one who loves to BLARE the music both in the house and in the car.  I also dance and sing off key.   *blush*  It makes me happy but must admit, it makes my family crazy.  

I combined several sets of goodies to create my card.  The black background cardstock was stamped in Versamark and then heat embossed in white.  The record was die cut from mirror black cardstock so it has a nice sheen that's not visible in my photo.  The other turntable elements were die cut in silver mirror cardstock.  The label actually comes from yet a third musical set.  I stamped the tiny birthday greeting in a crisp black pigment ink.  I adhered the panel to a white card base using some fun foam to create a bit of dimension.

Supplies:
MFT - Turntable die set
Sweet Pea Designs - Greatest Hits stamp and die set
Impression Obsession - Music background stamp

I invite you to visit our blog for more musical inspiration from not only our Design Team members but also our Surprise Party Guest, Izzy, as well as the winners from our previous challenge, Kathy and Marina. 

And as always, thanks so much for visiting me on my blog.

Jules




12 comments:

  1. Jules, love your card. It looks so real and brings back so many memories. Thanks, for the fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fabulous theme, Jules and I had fun making my card. It even enables me to use an old stamp from my stash. Your card just looks fabulous and so real. Does a music lover have to know how to sing in tune...the main thing is that he expresses himself by singing and has fun, right ? I also sing at home, in the car and I admit it, even in the shower ! Thank you very much for welcoming me to your team for the past 2 months, it has been a real pleasure !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thanks for the topping this time. It was fun to use things that I had, but have not used much, I Love your black and white card. So good looking and I see that you used several companies as I did to create this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Topping and your record themed card! Black and white always works so well together. Should be a fun gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The record looks almost real - this is a great musical card, perfect choice of black and white. I like to blare music too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jules, this is such a fun a challenge! Thanks for thinking of it! I love your record, oh I remember those days! I still have a couple boxes of the big albums of records!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about your card Jules, the embossed background, that big record and especially the cute label. Great job and a fun challenge you chose. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This takes me right back to the hit parade tv programmes from years ago, Jules! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card Jules, thankyou for the fun challenge, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the same as you - blaring music everywhere! Thanks so much for the fun challenge. I love your card - great elements and the neutral colour palette is so classy and "on theme".

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love black and white and it looks fabulous here!! Love the pop of dimension too~

    ReplyDelete