Saturday, July 22, 2023

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #239

 
The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers would like to honor our friend Lindsey on this one year anniversary of her passing.  She was such a light in so many lives and we miss her dearly.  



I miss our daily texts and conversations...both serious and snarky.  Her passing definitely left a huge hole in my heart and it is that (and her love of cats) which inspired my card.  




I set aside my usually snark in lieu of something from my heart.



Miss You, Friend.

I chose a fog cardstock for my background in honor of her beloved gray cat Duncan.  The background was created by using two kitty dies using the same fog cardstock.  I adhered them in a wonky fashion, cutting down the finished panel so as to leave a nice wide white border.  (I popped it up with fun foam for added interest.) I layered a white die cut onto a stack of black die cuts for the focal image and then added a heat embossed sentiment strip.  Nothing more was needed.

Even if you didn't know Lindsey we would love for you to join us in celebrating her life.  She loved books, cats, happy hour and family.  Snark or no snark, we'd love for you to play along with L is for Lindsey!

Supplies:
PoppyStamps - cat dies
MFT Stamps - Housecat stamp set

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules


4 comments:

  1. I love how much thought you put into your beautifully made card, Jules. One year on and it still doesn't seem possible that she's gone. Big hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww this is so purrfectly Lindsey.
    Thoughts of Duncan and that sentiment is so spot on - and in our hearts furever
    And I totally thought that was a cat embossing folder!!!
    Nicely done!!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you in missing our Lindsey, for exactly the same reasons: friendship, love, encouragement, support, book recommendations and yes, snark! Your card is purr-fect for her. Like Donna, I, too, thought your cats background was an embossing folder. You are some talented in arranging the die cuts so wonderfully.
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like all above, I'm blown away by the background you created! This is such a perfect card. Lindsey would adore it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete