Sunday, July 16, 2023

Color Hues #68


The Color Hues gang is back for our mid-month challenge.  Our fearless leader Nancy is our host and she has chosen a wonderful color duo for us to try.  



Olive and Berry!




My initial thought was florals however I thought I'd mix it up a bit.  This older stamp set from Simon Says Stamps immediately came to mind as did this wonderful sentiment die by Cathy Z.  They're the perfect match for this color combo!

I stamped the background in opposite corners of the panel, colored the images with Copics and then embossed the background using a 3 dimensional folder.  The die cut sentiment is stacked three high.  I had originally planned to adhere it horizontally but I decided to live on the edge *wink* and place it on the diagonal.  I didn't have the right shade of berry in my cardstock collection so I used a Copic to color the outer edges before popping the panel up on the base.  And because I'm a creature of habit, I had to add in my customary sprinkling of clear droplets.  

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp - Time for Wine stamp set
Simon Says Stamp / CZ Designs - Send Wine die
Altenew - Deck Planks embossing folder

I invite you to join us over at the Color Hues blog where you'll see the many hues of Olive and Berry on our DT examples.   Do come play along!

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules


 

8 comments:

  1. You are such a smart cookie! I love that you went in a totally different direction then the DT but similar to Bonnies! Love that you embossed after you colored, a totally different look that I really love and need to try! Awesome job, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wine and grapes are just perfect for the color combo, and I would never have thought of it! I love the way it came together. What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit I tend to reach for my Copics rather than look for matching card as I always feel frustrated that I don't have the right colour! Great idea to embossed AFTER colouring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS card Jules and I love, LOVE that sentiment...such a perfect addition to this card and totally had me smiling!! Beautiful coloring too! Hope you have a wonderful week my friend! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect subject for these colors, Julie! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a girl after my own heart - send wine lol! Fabulous fun card Jules and now I need that stamp set. I have another sentiment stamp from SSS that would work perfectly. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, isn't this fun? A very practical card and a lovely request, lol! Beautifully done, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to be so late dropping by Jules but I'm so glad I did. This is another fun and perfect card for these colours, wine was hitting the nail on the head. Linds would have loved this card too, I'm sure of that.

    ReplyDelete