Thursday, July 27, 2023

Seize the Birthday #266

 
It is time for another Seize the Birthday challenge.  As most of you know, I'm an avid reader so I am totally IN LOVE with Glenda's Topping choice to "Be Inspired by a Book."  See if you can guess what book I'm channeling...




Any guesses?  I will give you a small hint.  It was my favorite book of 2022 and my all time favorite behind only Where the Crawdads Sing.  





I was a research lab rat in my former life and most definitely qualify as a total science nerd.  Keep reading and I'll tell you the book later in the post if you haven't already guessed.  

I used two really old alphabet stamp sets to create the Oxygen and Magnesium element boxes.  (I freehanded the squares and intentionally made them a bit wonky.)  I stamped the flasks, colored them with Copics and added a few white gel pen bubbles.  The bottom sentiment was created with a bit of stamp surgery using parts of a sentiment and I added the little clear droplets to mimic gas  bubbles.  I wanted some sort of pattern for the card base so I grabbed a shark set that had tiny bubble stamps which I stamped in black around the perimeter of the gray card base.  

Supplies:
Spellbinders - Reaction stamp set
Avery Elle - Santa Jaws (bubble border)
Crafters Companion - Really Old stamp set (yep, that's the name of it!)
misc alpha stamps - very old and unavailable



So did you guess?
If you haven't read this I HIGHLY recommend it!


I invite you to visit our blog for more book inspiration from our Surprise Party Guest, Izzy, as well as more from our fabulous Design Team.  And as always, thanks so much for visiting me on my blog.

Jules

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful card ! Love how you illustrated this book. The design is just fabulous from the tiny bubbles background to the fun pun sentiment (so clever !). So glad to be your Surprise Party guest at STB. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules, great card to portray your book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! Can't wait to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to be inspired! This turned out great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Jills that was a great book and a great movie. My grandkids to see it not too long ago. Enjoyed how you did your card and that background as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Jules and a fun take on the book with all those details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. O Mg, I love this sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just gave this book to a special friend for her birthday and retirement from teaching over 36 years! She said she will share it with me when she is done reading it, now I can hardly wait since reading your endorsement of this book! You are so clever to come up with a creative way to highlight this book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card, I haven't read the book but will hunt it down! Love all of your design elements, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't wait to see which book you picked - and I love your choice. Such a great book! Your card is fabulous - love the theme (as a fellow science nerd) and the sentiment! (We need to have a chat about Where the Crawdads Sing).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant card, Jules! I love that you created your own sentiment, and gas bubbles for a ‘you’re old' card just made me snort! Haven’t heard of the book will have to look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun, fun card, Jules! I didn't guess the actual book, but I did think it would be something like that. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete