Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Color Hues #69


We have a new Color Hues challenge that starts .... NOW!  I think you're really going to love the colors that Sheri has picked out.  I had so much fun creating my card and you might figure out why...  


Look at that sentiment!!!!!






I used two new stamp sets from a kit created by Joy from Create It With Joy.  She designed a Shark Week kit earlier this year and yep, I had to have it.  (I did a pre-order so I'm not sure they're still available.)  I was determined to use it right away so I didn't let a little thing like color restrictions stand in my way.  Ha!

By the way....did you notice the sentiment?  Do you know I have a shark fanatic of a grandson named Fin?  Can you guess where this card is headed?  I swear she designed this stamp set with me in mind.  

My background was created with Distress Oxides using the current challenge shades. The images were stamped, cut using my Scan and Cut and then colored with Copics.  The sentiment was stamped in black pigment ink and heat embossed with a clear powder.  I adhered the images and added some white gel pen accents as a final touch.  

I am in LOVE with this card and I know my little Fin will be as well.  I actually spent some time stamping and die cutting a huge pile of all of the images that I plan to send them to him so he can make his own shark scenes at home.  

Supplies:
Create It With Joy - 2023 Shark Week kit

I invite you to join us over at the Color Hues blog where you'll see many wonderful and varied card designs using Orange and Teal.  

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules


8 comments:

  1. I had to let you know how much I love this card! And now reading about the unique stamps and your darling Fin, I can't stop smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHmystars! Look at you creating this awesome shark and sandcastle scene, entirely in hues of orange and teal. Creativity, plus! And how cool that "fin" is part of the sentiment! Your Fin will love this, as do I!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julie...I absolutely LOVE this card too!! My 6 year old grandson loves sharks too and would be over the moon happy to receive a card like this, so I'm sure your Fin is going to love it too (and all the extra pieces to play with also!)!! Fun, FUN card and it worked perfectly with the challenge colors!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fin will adore your card... As do I! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fun shark on his beach holiday certainly made me smile Jules, such a fun card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seem to have the greatest collection of fun stamps--perfect for almost any kind of challenge! I love these images and the way you combined them for a fun scene! I always love a punny sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card, Jules! OMG that shark is the best and the scene with him making a sandcastle just cracked me up. Love that you're sending your grandson Fin bits and pieces to put together his own shark creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, Love, Love! This card steals the show for this challenge! I love everything about it and especially that you sent it to Fin!

    ReplyDelete